SWEENEY RUSH SPORTSMAN MODIFIEDS RETURN TO SHARON SATURDAY FOR 2ND OF 3 HOVIS TOUR EVENTS; "MANUFACTURERS NIGHT" PRESENTED BY MSD TO AWARD $23,000 IN PRODUCTS
By Mike Leone
August 14, 2019 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Hartford, OH)…The Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Sportsman Modified Series powered by Pace Performance will return to Sharon Speedway this Saturday night (August 17) for the second of three Hovis Auto & Truck Supply Touring events at the Hartford, Ohio facility during their 90th anniversary season. In addition, it's the popular "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance with $23,000 of product giveaways! Race time is 7 p.m.
While $600 will go to the feature winner on Saturday night, more importantly it's the sixth annual "Manufactures Night" presented by MSD. There are currently 44 product packages valued at a minimum $300 up to the grand prize of $1,420 that will be given away with several drivers winning multiple packages! While all legal racers are eligible to compete in the night's racing program, only drivers/cars that have not competed in a non RUSH-sanctioned Sportsman/602 Crate Modified event that conflicted with a RUSH-sanctioned Sportsman Modified event during the 2019 season will be eligible for the product giveaways.
Saturday's product giveaways total a record $23,000! "Manufacturers Night" has grown each year with the following giveaway values: $4,600 (2014), $11,000 (2015), $17,000 (2016), $19,000 (2017), and $20,000 (2018).
The grand prize on Saturday night has once again been posted by TBM Brakes, which is two F1 Tornado Calipers and two F3 Tornado Calipers along with three bottles of TBM Brake Fluid valued at $1,420. MSD and its parent company, Holley, are providing over $3,000 in giveaways on Saturday night! Other major prizes include a Yamaha pressure washer from Alternative Power Sources ($790) and a Lincoln Electric Power Mig 140C welder and utility cart ($700). New marketing partner Trailer-Alarms.com has provided a PTS-2 trailer alarm system and a Hasp Plus trailer lock valued at $685. Classic Ink has posted two apparel packages valued at $600 each.
Other contributors include Art's Radiator, Bicknell Racing Products, Big Daddy's Speed Center, Bilstein Shocks, Dirt Defender, FK Rod Ends, Frankland Racing Supply, Hoosier Tire, Ingram Engines, Jones Racing Products, Landrum Performance Springs, Precise Racing Products, Race 1, Racing Electronics, Russ King Racing, Schoenfeld Headers, Sherwood Wheels, Sunoco Race Fuels/Insinger Performance, Wedge Motorsports, and Wrisco Industries. (See complete list below.)
"We cannot thank all of our great marketing partners and contributors of our Manufacturers Nights enough," expressed RUSH Director Vicki Emig. "It's amazing to see the growth of these nights. To go from $4,600 in our inaugural year and to see that number increase every single year to Saturday night's total of $23,000 speaks so highly of our Series, racers, and sanctioned speedways. While every eligible racer will receive one product package worth a minimum of $300, approximately half will leave two prizes and at the very minimum $600! For the season, over $43,000 in championship point funds and contingencies have been posted!"
The 2019 season actually got started with the 2018 "Apple Festival Nationals" make-up event. The non-point Tour event saw a total of 36 cars compete and was won by Chas Wolbert. The $800 victory was Wolbert's all-time leading fourth career Tour win.
Due to some rainouts and another event change, only two point events have been completed for the Tour. On July 11 at the nearby Trumbull County Fairground's Expo Speedway, Rob Kristyak captured a thriller for his first career Tour win, also worth $800, then defending champion, Garrett Krummert, topped a 28-car field at Sharon on August 3 in a $600 to-win event presented by C&R Tire. Krummert has a six-point lead on Jim Rasey, who finished third at both Expo Speedway and Sharon in the Tour events. Wolbert is third in Tour points over Kole Holden and Greg Porter.
Wolbert is also fresh off a Hovis Weekly Series win last Saturday night as that victory was his third of the season, which is tops at Sharon amongst all classes in 2019, but more importantly was Wolbert's 12th of his career at Sharon, which is now tops all-time for the sixth year division. Wolbert also leads the $3,000 to-win Weekly Series standings.
Kole Holden, who ended a two-year winless drought on July 27 with his first victory since his 2017 championship season, leads Sharon's points as he closes in on another championship.
At the end of the night on Saturday, the "Wheelman" Non-Winners race presented by Ohio Intra Express and C&R Tire will take place. To date there have been five different winners in seven races as only David Kalb, Jr. and Tony Tatgenhorst have repeated. One-time winner, Cameron Nastasi, has a 12-point lead on Amelia Clay with Tatgenhorst, Jordan, and Jacob Wolfe completing the top five.
The Tour will return to Sharon on September 20-21 for the annual "Apple Festival Nationals" on September 20-21 for $800 to-win. Remaining Tour events include the "Betsy Kriegisch Memorial" at Pittsburgh's PA Motor Speedway October 4-5 paying a minimum of $1,000 followed by the "Steel City Stampede" at Lernerville Speedway on October 18-19 paying $800 to-win.
Precise Racing Products will award a $100 gift card for the "Pedal Down" Hard Charger that passes the most cars in the feature. The TBM Brakes “Tough Brake of the Night” will award three bottles of Xtreme6 Racing Brake Fluid valued at approximately $45 along with a certificate for a discount off any TBM Brakes purchase.
Officials will also determine the new Dirt Defender "Defensive Drive" to the driver that best defended his position throughout the night, and will receive a $40 product package at each event. The award could go to a driver holding off another for the final heat race or B main transfer position, a driver denying a hard charging racer a feature win, a move to stay on the lead lap before a caution, or any such deserving move.
RUSH Sportsman Mod Officials will determine the Sherwood Racing Wheels "Man of Steel" award winner as one that bounced back from an earlier mishap to finish the event strongly. The selected driver will receive a certificate for a free Sherwood Racing Wheel. The feature winner will also receive a Sunoco 5-Gallon Race Jug.
"Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance Product Giveaways:
1. TBM Brakes- (2) F1 Tornado Calipers and (2) F3 Tornado Calipers & 3 Bottles of TBM Brake Fluid ($1,420)
2. Alternative Power Sources- Yamaha PW3028 Pressure Washer ($790)
3. Lincoln Electric- Power Mig 140C Welder & Utility Cart ($700)
4. Holley- 1 Holley 80541-1 650 Carburetor ($700)
5. Holley- 1 Holley 80541-1 650 Carburetor ($700)
6. Holley- 1 Holley 80541-1 650 Carburetor ($700)
7. Holley- 1 Holley 80541-1 650 Carburetor ($700)
8. Traler-Alarms.com- 1 PTS-2 Trailer Alarm System& a Hasp Plus Trailer Lock ($685)
9. Classic Ink- Quick Crew (48 Piece) Apparel Package ($600)
10. Classic Ink- Quick Crew (48 Piece) Apparel Package ($600)
11. Schoenfeld Headers & Exhaust- Complete RUSH Legal Header & Exhaust System ($550)
12. Schoenfeld Headers & Exhaust- Complete RUSH Legal Header & Exhaust System ($550)
13. Jones Racing Products- SBC 602 Crate Serpentine Water Pump & Power Steering Belt Drive Kit & 1 15" Jones Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($540)
14. Jones Racing Products & Ingram Engines- SBC 602 Crate Serpentine Water Pump & Power Steering Belt Drive Kit & 1 15" Jones Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($540)
15. Art's Radiator- Modified Manifold Mounted Expansion Tank & Recovery Tank ($520)
16. FK Rod Ends- 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
17. FK Rod Ends- 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
18. FK Rod Ends- 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
19. Russell King Racing- $500 Gift Certificate ($500)
20. Sherwood Wheels- 2 Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
21. Sherwood Wheels- 2 Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
22. Sherwood Wheels- 2 Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
23. Wrisco Industries- Package of 6 Sheets of White Aluminum ($450)
24. Wrisco Industries- Package of 6 Sheets of White Aluminum ($450)
25. MSD/Holley - 8727CT Rev Limiter/8.5 Plug Wires/Roll Over Valves ($420)
26. Hoosier Tire/Dirt Defender/Race 1- 2 Hoosier Spec Tires/Dirt Defender Product Package/ HEI Distributor Lock Out Kit ($405)
27. Hoosier Tire/Dirt Defender/Race 1- 2 Hoosier Spec Tires /Dirt Defender Product Package/HEI Distributor Lock Out Kit ($405)
28. Frankland/Precise Racing Products- $300 Gift Certificate for Product or Repairs/$100 Precise Gift Card ($400)
29. Frankland/Precise Racing Products- $300 Gift Certificate for Product or Repairs/$100 Precise Gift Card ($400)
30. Sunoco Race Fuels/Insinger Performance- 1 Drum of RUSH 91 Fuel/2 Sunoco Fuel Jugs ($400)
31. Sunoco Race Fuels/Insinger Performance- 1 Drum of RUSH 91 Fuel/2 Sunoco Fuel Jugs ($400)
32. Oakley/Precise Racing Products- 1 Pair Oakley Driving Gloves & 1 Pair Racing Shoes & $100 Precise Gift Card ($380)
33. Bilstein Shocks/Racing Electronics- 2 Bilstein RUSH Shocks/Switch Receiver ($380)
34. Bilstein Shocks/Racing Electronics- 2 Bilstein RUSH Shocks/Switch Receiver ($380)
35. Landrum Performance Springs/TBM Brakes- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
36. Landrum Performance Springs/TBM Brakes- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
37. Landrum Performance Springs/TBM Brakes- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
38. Landrum Performance Springs/TBM Brakes- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
39. Landrum Performance Springs/TBM Brakes- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
40. Landrum Performance Springs/TBM Brakes- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
41. Wrisco Industries/Precise Racing Products- Two Sheets of White Aluminum & $200 in Gift Card Value From Precise & Ultra Shield ($350)
42. Big Daddy's Speed Center- Complete Bumper & Side Rail Kit for a Bicknell or Teo Chassis ($325)
43. Wedge Motorsports/TBM Brakes- 2 Bilstein RUSH Shocks/TBM Brake Fluid ($320)
44. Bicknell Racing Products- $300 Gift Certificate ($300)
Race Event Contingencies from Precise, Sherwood, Dirt Defender, TBM, Sunoco ($450)
Feature Payoff: 1. $600 2. $400 3. $300 4. $250 5. $225 6. $200 7. $170 8. $165 9. $160 10. $150 11. $140 12. $135 13. $130 14. $125 15. $120 16. $115 17. $110 18-24. $100. Tow $50.
"Wheelman" Non-Winners Payoff: 1. $75 2. $60 3. $50 4. $40 5. $35 6. $30 7. $25 8. 20.
You do not have to a member of RUSH to compete. The AMB/MyLaps transponders are required. One-way driver radios are always mandatory at 454.000. The entry fee is $25. Pit passes are $30. Pits are open throughout the afternoon with pit passes going on sale at 4 p.m. A drivers meeting will be held at approximately 6 p.m. with racing at 7.
Sharon Speedway is owned by the Blaney, Weller, and Kirila Families and is a 3/8-mile dirt track located on Custer-Orangeville Road in Hartford, Ohio near the intersection of Routes 7 & 305. For more information, check out the website at www.sharonspeedway.com or call 330-772-5481. Become a fan of Sharon Speedway on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sharonspeedway and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/sharonspdwy.
RUSH Racing Series is brought to you by Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC & Pace Performance along with the support of Hoosier Tire, Bilstein Shocks, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Insinger Performance, MSD Performance, Holley Performance Products, Hovis Auto & Truck Supply, FK Rod Ends, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Schoenfeld Headers, Jones Racing Products, TBM Brakes, Performance Bodies & Parts, Racing Electronics, Dirt Defender, Wrisco Industries, Frankland Racing Supply, Landrum Performance Spring, Ontime Body & Graphic, Trailer-Alarms.com, Bonnell's Rod Shop, Zarin Truck & Automotive, Sherwood Wheels, Alternative Power Sources, Precise Racing Products, Lincoln Electric, Velocita-USA, Classic Ink USA, CrateInsider.com, and Valley Fashions.
E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at [email protected] and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rushsportsmanmods and follow us on Twitter @RUSHSportMods.