OVER $11,000 IN PRODUCT PRIZES TO BE DISTRIBUTED TO SWEENEY RUSH, BICKNELL RACING PRODUCTS SPORTSMAN MOD RACERS SUNDAY AT SPORTSMAN'S FOR MFG NIGHT PRESENTED BY MSD
By Mike Leone
August 6, 2015 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Pulaski, PA)...The Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Sportsman Modified Series will hold its second annual "Manufacturers Night" this Sunday (August 9), and for the first time at Sportsman's Speedway in Knox, Pa. Over $11,000 in product prizes will be distributed to Series racers for this event presented by MSD Performance! Sunday's racing begins at 5 p.m. and will be a Bicknell Racing Products Weekly Series event paying $500 to-win, $75 to-start for the "Sam and Bonnie Colwell Memorial".
Last year in the inaugural season of the Sweeney RUSH Sportsman Modifieds, "Manufacturers Night" was held at Lernerville Speedway where over $5,000 of product prizes were distributed. This year's event has more than doubled in value and will be hosted at one of the two RUSH weekly-sanctioned speedways. Sportsman's is coming off a record 13 cars at last Sunday's event won by Nick Ritchey, the current Bicknell Racing Products Weekly Series point leader. On July 24, Lernerville set a record with 16 cars participating. To date this season, 22 different cars have hit the local speedways.
Currently 20 different companies are participating, and there are 23 main prizes valued at between $200-$1,375. The top prize is two F1 Tornado Calipers and two F3 Tornado Calipers provided by TBM Brakes, one of the Series' Major Contingency Sponsors. Velocita-USA, FK Rod Ends, and Sherwood Wheels have also posted prizes that total over $1,000 in sum. Each competing driver will draw for their prize. The remaining prizes will be given away in a random draw. In addition, each driver will receive a box of 200 tearoffs, a window net, and a 10% off gift certificate all from Ultra-Shield Race Products. Drivers need not to be members to receive prizes.
Russell King Racing (RKR) has posted a very unique prize that will be presented as an additional drawing over and above the products. This package valued at $1,000, includes a day of setup, maintenance, and overall recommendation consultation at the RKR Shop. With so many racers being entry level in the Sportsman Modifieds this drawing is sure to be a prize on their radar Sunday night. Only drivers/cars that haven't previously used this service will be eligible.
The following companies have participated in this year's "Manufacturers Night" presented MSD: Bilstein Shocks, CrateInsider.com, FK Rod Ends, High Velocita Heads & Intake Manifolds (HVH), Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic, Jones Racing Products, K&N Filters, Lincoln Electric, Longacre, Maxima Racing Oil, MSD Ignition, Precise Racing Products, Rocket Racing, Russell King Racing (RKR), Schoenfeld Headers, Sherwood Wheels, TBM Brakes, Ultra-Shield Race Products, Velocita-USA, VP Race Fuels.
"Once again, we can't thank all of the great companies and individuals enough who have contributed to the Sportsman Modified edition of Manufacturers Night," stated RUSH Co-Director Vicki Emig. "They all realize the importance of growing and developing this class throughout our region for Modified oriented racers. I think the list of products they have so graciously posted proves that they are behind this concept 100%! It's a process, but we are right on track with our expectations, as the participant count throughout the region has steadily increased. Last year, Sharon Speedway had 10 or so cars for their events whereas this year 15 is the norm."
Sunday's event pays tribute to former owners Sam and Bonnie Colwell. Sam was the brother to current owner, Jim Colwell, and built the Speedway in 1973. He was also a former Modified Coupe racer thus why the Memorial events have always been for the Modified division over the years at Sportsman's.
2015 "Manufacturers Night"
Presented by MSD Prize List
1. TBM Brakes - (2) F1 Tornado Calipers and (2) F3 Tornado Calipers ($1,375)
2. Velocita-USA - Full Custom Drivers Suit ($1,000) (Winning driver may not have won a Velocita suit or utilized a 50% off offer in the past)
3. Lincoln Electric - Power Mig 140C Welder & Utility Cart ($700)
4. FK Rod Ends - One Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
5. FK Rod Ends - 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
6. Sherwood Wheels - 2 Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
7. Sherwood Wheels - 2 Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
8. Sherwood Wheels - 2 Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
9. VP Race Fuels - 1 Drum of VP D98 Crate Fuel ($425)
10. Sherwood Wheels/Precise/K&N - 1 Sherwood Steel Wheel/$100 Precise Gift Card/$50 K&N Certificate ($375)
11. Hoosier Tire - 2 Hoosier Spec Tires ($300)
12. Maxima Racing Oil/K&N/CrateInsider.com - Case of Synthetic Racing Oil & Products/$100 K&N Certificate/$50 CrateInsider.com ($325)
13. Bilstein Shocks - 2 Bilstein "Sealed" RUSH Spec Shocks ($270)
14. Bilstein Shocks - 2 Bilstein "Sealed" RUSH Spec Shocks ($270)
15. Jones Racing Products - Ultra-Lightweight Hustler Fan, 2 Qt. JRP Synthetic Power Steering Fluid, Billet Aluminum Wrench Set, Jones Hat ($262)
16. HVH/K&N/CrateInsider.com - GM 602 HVH Carb Spacer/$100 K&N/$25 CrateInsider.com ($255)
17. HVH/K&N/CrateInsider.com - GM 602 Carb Spacer, $100 K&N, $25 CrateInsider.com ($255)
18. Schoenfeld Headers - 1 Set of Schoenfeld 1122BCM Sportsman Mod Headers ($250)
19. Schoenfeld Headers - 1 Set of Schoenfeld 1122BCM Sportsman Mod Headers ($250)
20. MSD Ignition - MSD 8727CT Rev Limiter & 1 Set 8.5 mm Super Conductor Plug Wire ($244)
21.MSD Ignition - MSD 8727CT Rev Limiter & 1 Set 8.5 mm Super Conductor Plug Wire ($244)
22. Jones Racing Products - Ultra-Lightweight Hustler Fan, 2 Qt. JRP Synthetic Power Steering Fluid, 2" Fan Spacer w/ Mounting Kit, Jones Hat ($206)
23. Longacre - Polished Aluminum Air Tank ($200)
Special Drawing: Russell King Racing (RKR) - One day Sportsman Modified set-up, maintenance & overall recommendation consultation at RKR shop. (Drivers eligible only if car/driver has not previously utilized service) Needed parts responsibility of racer
1. Les Myers Rocket Racing - 1 Rebuild of a Modified Transmission ($250)
2. Ultra-Shield Race Products - Box of 200 custom tearoffs & window net for each competing driver
3. Ultra-Shield Race Products - Gift certificate for 10% off one purchase for each competing driver
4. VP Fuels - 1 Bottle of Fix-it Fuel with Mechanic in a Bottle for each competing driver
5. Diversified Racing/Bulldog - $25 gift certificate to each competing racer
6. Russell King Racing (RKR) - 10 RKR T-Shirts
Sportsmanís Speedway is located at 54 Colwell Drive, Knox, PA 16232 (Huckleberry Ridge/Curllsville Road just off of Route 208 in Elk City between Knox and Shippenville, Pa.) For more information, check out their website at www.sportsmansspeedwayknox.com or call 814-797-1621.
RUSH Sportsman Modified marketing partners: Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Bicknell Racing Products, Pace Performance, Hoosier Tire, Bilstein Shocks, MSD Ignition, Maxima Racing Oil, Jones Racing Products, VP Racing Fuels, FK Rod Ends, Sherwood Racing Wheels, Velocita-USA, Precise Racing Products, Alternative Power Sources, K&N Filters, TBM Brakes, Lincoln Electric, CrateInsider.com, Rocket Racing, and B.R.A.K.E.S.
E-mail can be sent to the RUSH
Racing Series at [email protected] and snail mail to 4368 Route 422,
Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The
RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page
at www.facebook.com/rushlatemodels and follow us on Twitter @RUSHLM.