RECORDS SHATTERED AS OVER $17,000 IN PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTED FOR "MFG NIGHT" PRESENTED BY MSD AMONGST 26 SWEENEY RUSH SPORTSMAN MOD DRIVERS SATURDAY AT SHARON
By Mike Leone
June 27, 2016 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Pulaski, PA)...Sharon Speedway played host to the third annual "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance for the Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Sportsman Modified Series on Saturday night (June 25). A record 26 cars turned out for the Bicknell Racing Products Tour event as a record of more than $17,000 in products were distributed in addition to the cash payoff. Every racer received at least one product valued at a minimum $300 with several winning multiple prizes.
"To say the event was a success would be an understatement," stated RUSH Director Vicki Emig. "The support of these manufacturers and what they offer back to our Series and racers is tremendous. When we started the Series in 2014 our inaugural Manufacturers Night saw $4,600 in product distributed; last year it more than doubled to over $11,000 in product and were proud to see it greatly increase again to over $17,000. The car count has also grown tremendously from seven at the inaugural event to 16 last year and of course a record car count for the Series of 26 on Saturday night! We also have to thank Sharon Speedway for hosting this event and MSD for presenting it for the second consecutive year. Hopefully we can make it bigger and better in 2017!"
The night will be remember by Chas Wolbert capturing his first career win in the division as he passed Brian Schaffer on the final lap for the $600 win and take over the Bicknell Tour point lead. The Mod Lite graduate came from the 10th starting spot after winning the K&N "Cold Air Induction" Dash, which earned him a $100 K&N certificate. For his performance, Wolbert was awarded the Maxima Racing Oil "Maximum Performance" honor with product from Maxima totaling $170. And then part of the "Manufacturers Night" drawing, Wolbert won a complete set of 4130 black FK Rod Ends valued at $500 and a dyno break-in service from Race 1 valued at $350. All told, Wolbert left with $1,720 in cash and contingencies!
Rookie racer and Bicknell "Futures Cup" participant, Amelia Clay, was the lucky winner of the top prize posted by TBM Brakes, which was two F1 Tornado Calipers and two F3 Tornado Calipers along with three bottles of brake fluid for $1,420. Clay was also was one of the lucky drivers to win multiple prizes due to more prizes posted than competing drivers. In the second round she won a pair of Oakley driving gloves and racing shoes, five-point shoulder harness, window net compliments of Precise Racing Products, and a box of 200 Ultra-Shield tear-offs valued at $430. Clay left with $1,850 in products plus her cash payoff.
Jessica Shea was another rookie female racer that cashed in big. Shea won the second top prize, which was a full custom drivers suit compliments of Velocita-USA valued at $1,000 plus. And like Clay was one of the drivers that won a second prize as she cashed in with two spec Bilstein Shocks and two VB Series coil over springs from Landrum Performance Springs valued at another $360 bringing her total product prizes won to $1,360 before her cash payoff.
The complete listing of product giveaways and winners are posted below. The following companies in alphabetical order participated in the event: AllStar Performance, Beyea Headers, Big Daddy's Speed Center, Bilstein Shock Absorbers, CJ Rombold Engine Builders, Classic Ink, Crate Innovations, CrateInsider.com, Diversified Machine (DMI), FK Rod Ends, Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic, Ingram Engines, Joe Willcox Performance Automation, K&N Filters, Jones Racing Products, Landrum Performance Springs, Lincoln Electric, Maxima Racing Oil, MSD Performance, 955 Automotive, Oakley, Pace Performance, Precise Racing Products, Race 1, (Les Myers) Rocket Racing, Russell King Racing, Schoenfeld Headers, Sherwood Wheels, Sunoco Race Fuels, Superior Steering Wheels, TBM Brakes, QuickCar, Ultra-Shield, Velocita-USA, Wedge Motorsports.
The Bicknell Tour returns to action this Friday night for the first of two appearances at Lernerville Speedway in Sarver, Pa. It'll be a RUSH doubleheader with the Sweeney RUSH Late Model Tour also in action. The Modifieds will be racing for $600 to-win.
MSD Performance will present the RUSH Late Model
"Manufacturers Night" at Tri-City Raceway Park with a $2,000 to-win Sweeney Tour
event on Sunday, August 14. The new Sweeney RUSH Pro Mod division's
"Manufacturers Night" will be held on Saturday, July 30 at Stateline Speedway,
and the Sweeney Pro Stock "Manufacturers Night" will take place once again at
Lernerville Speedway on Saturday, September 10.
2016 "Manufacturers Night" Presented by MSD Product Giveaway Listing & Winners:
1. TBM Brakes - (2) F1 Tornado Calipers and (2) F3 Tornado
Calipers & 3 Bottles of TBM Brake Fluid ($1,420) (Amelia Clay)
2. Velocita-USA - Full Custom Drivers Suit ($1,000) (Jessica Shea)
3. Russell King Racing (RKR) - One Front Axle Assembly For Bicknell, Teo, or Troyer Car ($750) (Craig Wimer)
4. Lincoln Electric - Power Mig 140C Welder & Utility Cart ($700) (Josh Seippel)
5. Classic Ink - Quick Crew (48 Piece) Apparel Package ($600) (Josh Deems)
6. Schoenfeld Headers/Beyea Exhaust - Complete RUSH Legal Header & Exhaust System ($550) (Jerry Schaffer)
7. Schoenfeld Headers/Beyea Exhaust - Complete RUSH Legal Header & Exhaust System ($550) (Steve Slater)
8. Jones Racing Products & Ingram Engines - SBC 602 Crate Serpentine Water Pump & Power Steering Belt Drive Kit & 1 15" Jones Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($540) (Michael Kristyak)
9. Jones Racing Products & Ingram Engines - SBC 602 Crate Serpentine Water Pump & Power Steering Belt Drive Kit & 1 15" Jones Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($540) (Nick Ritchey)
10. FK Rod Ends - 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500) (Craig Wimer)
11. FK Rod Ends - 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500) (Chas Wolbert)
12. FK Rod Ends - 1Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500) (Chelsie Kriegisch)
13. AllStar Performance/Les Myers Racing - $250 AllStar Gift Certificate & Myers Transmission Rebuild ($500) (Brian Schaffer)
14. Sherwood Wheels - Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450) (Preston Cope)
15. Sherwood Wheels - Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450) (Jeremy Zufall)
16. Sherwood Wheels - Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450) (Jordan Ehrenberg)
17. Sunoco Race Fuels/Diversified Machine - 1 Drum of RUSH 91 Crate Fuel & 1 Set of Diversified "Friction Fighter" Gears ($435) (Kyle Martell)
18. Sunoco Race Fuels/Diversified Machine - 1 Drum of RUSH 91 Crate Fuel & 1 Set of Diversified "Friction Fighter" Gears ($435) (Preston Cope)
19. Oakley/Precise Racing Products & Ultra-Shield - 1 Pair Oakley Driving Gloves & 1 Pair Racing Shoes, 1 Adult 5 Point Shoulder Harness, Window Net & Box of 200 Tear-Offs ($430) (Amelia Clay)
20. Wilcox Transmission/Superior Steering Wheels - Complete transmission rebuild & 1 Custom Steering Wheel ($415) (Brandon Ritchey)
21. Maxima Racing Oils & Big Daddy's Speed Center - Maxima Racer Appreciation Package -Contains 14 Valuable Products & $50 Big Daddy's certificate ($400) (Jeremy Weaver)
22. Bilstein Shocks/Landrum Springs - 2 Bilstein RUSH Spec Shocks & 2 VB Series Coil Over Springs ($360) (Jessica Shea)
23. Bilstein Shocks/Landrum Springs - 2 Bilstein RUSH Spec Shocks & 2 VB Series Coil Over Springs ($360) (Jordan Ehrenberg)
24. Hoosier Tire & CrateInsider.com - 2 Hoosier Spec Tires & $50 CrateInsider.com certificate ($350) (Jonathan Myers)
25. Hoosier Tire & CrateInsider.com - 2 Hoosier Spec Tires & $50 CrateInsider.com certificate ($350) (Jessica Kriegisch)
26. Sherwood Wheels/Race 1/Crate Innovations - 1 Sherwood Steel Wheel, HEI Distributor Lock Out Kit & Ready to Run Spark Plug Kit ($300) (Justin Shea)
27. C.J. Rombold Engine Builders & Big Daddy's Speed Center - 1 Chassis Dyno Session (3 Pulls; & Winner May Not Have Previously Utilized Service) & $50 Big Daddy's Certificate ($300) (Mike Sparks)
28. MSD Ignition & Big Daddy's Speed Center - MSD 8727CT Rev Limiter & 1 Set 8.5 mm Super Conductor Plug Wire & $50 Big Daddy's certificate ($300) (Jerry Schaffer)
29. MSD Ignition & Big Daddy's Speed Center - MSD 8727CT Rev Limiter & 1 Set 8.5 mm Super Conductor Plug Wire & $50 Big Daddy's certificate ($300) (Calvin Clay)
30. Wedge Motorsports & Ultra-Shield - 2 Bilstein RUSH Spec Shocks & 1 Box of 200 Tear-Offs ($300) (Kole Holden)
31. QuickCar/Pace Performance/TBM Brakes - QuickCar Racing Products 3 Gauge Panel Assembly, $100 Pace Gift Card & 3 Bottles of TBM Brake Fluid ($300) (Tiffany Williams)
32. 955 Automotive/Big Daddy's Speed Center/ Ultra-Shield/TBM Brakes - 1 GM 602 Tune-up Package (GM 602 Springs/1 Case Brad Penn Oil/Wix Filter/NGK Plugs), $50 Big Daddy's certificate, 1 Box of 200 Tear-Offs & 3 Bottles of TBM Brake Fluid ($300) (Jeremy Weaver)
Race 1 Pro Series Race Package with purchase of engine & dyno break in ($350) (Chelsie Kriegisch)
Race 1Dyno Break In with purchase of engine & pro series race prep ($350) (Chas Wolbert).
K&N Dash $100 K&N certificate to win (Chas Wolbert)
K&N Dash $50 K&N certificate for second (Josh Seippel)
Precise Racing Products "Pedal Down" Hard Charger ($100 gift card) (Kyle Martell)
TBM Brakes “Tough Brake of the Night” (Chelsie Kriegisch)
Maxima Racing Oil "Maxima Performance" Award (Chas Wolbert)
Sherwood Racing Wheels "Man of Steel" (Jeremy Weaver)
$25 CrateInsider.com (Jordan Ehrenberg)
Sweeney RUSH Sportsman Modified Bicknell Touring Series Race #2 (20 laps, $600 to-win): 1. CHAS WOLBERT (C3) 2. Brian Schaffer (41) 3. Kyle Martell (8) 4. Brandon Ritchey (17) 5. Nick Ritchey (77N) 6. Justin Shea (14s) 7. Jeremy Weaver (35W) 8. Michael Kristyak (404) 9. Josh Deems (9D) 10. Jeremy Zufall (20) 11. Kole Holden (2) 12. Tiffany Williams (58) 13. Jessica Shea (24s) 14. Calvin Clay (21) 15. Josh Seippel (84) 16. Steve Slater (35) 17. Jonathan Myers (11) 18. Preston Cope (24P) 19. Jessica Kriegisch (63) 20. Amelia Clay (12) 21. Jordan Ehrenberg (JD57) 22. Craig Wimer (Schaffer 4) 23. Jerry Schaffer (14) 24. Chelsie Kriegisch (10) 25. Mike Sparks (Smith 3G) 26. Jacob Jordan (28J)-DSQ.
RUSH Sportsman Modified marketing partners: Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Bicknell Racing Products, Pace Performance, Hoosier Tire, Bilstein Shocks, Sunoco Race Fuels, MSD Ignition, Maxima Racing Oil, Jones Racing Products, FK Rod Ends, Sherwood Racing Wheels, Velocita-USA, Precise Racing Products, Alternative Power Sources, K&N Filters, TBM Brakes, Lincoln Electric, Classic Ink USA., CrateInsider.com, and B.R.A.K.E.S.
E-mail can be sent to the RUSH
Racing Series at [email protected] and snail mail to 4368 Route 422,
Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The
RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page
at www.facebook.com/rushlatemodels and follow us on Twitter @RUSHLM.