BEN EASLER WINS A THRILLER FOR HIS 1ST CAREER FLYNN'S TIRE TOUR & SHARON VICTORY PART OF THE HOVIS RUSH SPORTSMAN MODIFIED "MANUFACTURERS NIGHT" PRESENTED BY MSD WITH $21,000 IN PRODUCT GIVEAWAYS
By Mike Leone
June 18, 2022 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Hartford, OH)...The Hovis Auto & Truck Supply RUSH Sportsman Modified Series presented by Born2Run Lubricants were in action at on Saturday night at Sharon Speedway for a Flynn's Tire Touring Series event part of the Wedge Motorsports "Route 7 Rumble" Series. A season high 25 cars were on hand. It was the ninth annual "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance as 22 eligible racers shared in $21,000 of valuable product giveaways with each driver receiving a product package valued at a minimum of $450! Doug Rutana won the grand prize of TBM Tornado Brake Calipers. The complete product giveaway winners list is posted below.
While the box score may show 2021 "Futures Cup" Champion Ben Easler leading all 25 laps of the feature, Easler's first career Flynn's Tire Touring Series and Sharon victory was far from routine for the 15-year-old. Easler had to fight off a mid-race challenge from 2020 "Futures Cup" Champion Ayden Cipriano then had Modified standout Garrett Krummert all over him in the final laps with two-time Weekly Series Champion Chas Wolbert on the prowl in third. Easler earned $800 for the thrilling victory in addition to $600 of product giveaways from Wrisco Industries and Big Daddy's Speed Center.
"That was so fun," expressed the Linesville, Pa. phenom. "You don't get to run the top here that often so it was real fun to get up there and race through lapped traffic. I knew Chas was there, but looking at the scoreboard Garrett must have ended up getting by him. That was a great race. I had no idea who was under me if it was Chas, Garrett or a lapped car. I was just trying to get by lapped cars. I just wanted this race to end so bad. I kept looking up at the scoreboard and counting down the laps and was praying. It was awesome to see those guys like Chas, Garrett, and Tony (Tatgenhorst) here. I knew it was going to be a real fun night so it means a lot to race against guys like that and win. It means a lot to win for my dad- it's a great Father's Day gift. He walks around the pits all nerved up and paces so you could tell he was extra nervous for this one, but he seems pretty chill and excited now."
Jordan Ehrenberg and Easler led the 25-car field to green as Easler used the outside to race into the lead with Clayton Deems going from fourth to second. Dalton Gabriel brought out the first caution of the event with three laps completed, which ended his night, and was selected as the TBM Brakes "Tough Brake of the Night" recipient. When racing resumed, fifth starting Kole Holden moved past Ehrenberg for third. Meanwhile, ninth starting Wolbert was on the move as he cracked the top five on lap four then drove around Ehrenberg and Holden for third on lap five. After dropping back to seventh from the third starting spot early on, Cipriano found the top to his liking as he drove around Holden for fourth on lap seven.
The second and final caution of the event was displayed for J.C. Boyer, who spun with 12 laps completed. When racing resumed, it was three-wide for second with Wolbert and Cipriano getting by Deems. Cipriano then powered around Wolbert for second on lap 14. Cipriano went after Easler, but Easler changed lines to block Cipriano from taking the lead. Cipriano got into the fence on lap 15 allowing Wolbert and Krummert to get by for second and third. One lap later, Krummert disposed of Wolbert for runner-up and then went on the charge after Easler.
Lapped traffic came into play on lap 20 allowing Krummert to close in. Krummert was right on the youngster on lap 21. The final four laps saw Krummert hound Easler, but Easler made the right moves in lapped traffic and Krummert was unable to make a move with the lapped cars running the middle and bottom of the track. Easler took the checkered flag first for his third career RUSH Sportsman Modified win by 0.800 seconds in the Jason Easler-owned, Crawford Custom Consulting/Titusville Ford/Pore's Bodywax/Espyville Heating & Air/Tanner Southern Auto Parts/Latta Bros. Racing/Russ King Racing/Smokin J's Country Corner Inn/Lakeside Lanes/Happy Hill Farms-sponsored #02.
Krummert, who won the Tour points in 2018 and 2019, crossed the line in second. "That was a lot of fun and lapped traffic made it interesting," explained the 34-year-old West Middlesex, Pa. driver. "Running around the top here doesn't happen too often so it was good. I didn't want to get into those guys racing for the lead. I told Chas the only reason I came was because I wanted to beat him and we did that and I'm happy."
Wolbert, who has been racing Big-Block Modifieds in 2022, was third in his first RUSH start of the season for the 46-time RUSH Sportsman Modified winner. Cipriano was fourth over Deems. Holden crossed the finish in sixth over 13th starting Tony Tatgenhorst. Jacob Wolfe, Ehrenberg, and Justin Shea completed the top 10.
Josh Deems earned the $50 Precise Racing Products "Pedal Down" Hard Charger gift card for going 19th to 11th. Boyer came back to finish 16th and was chosen as the Sherwood Wheels "Man of Steel" recipient. Easler, Holden, and Clayton Deems won the heat races.
The Hovis RUSH Sportsman Modifieds will be back in action next Friday night (June 24) for Wedge Motorsports "Route 7 Rumble" Series action. This next Flynn's Tire Touring Series event will be on Thursday, July 14 at Expo Speedway part of the Trumbull County Fair in an $800 to-win event. Racing begins at 6 p.m.
Hovis Auto & Truck Supply RUSH Sportsman Modified Flynn's Tire Touring Series Race #1 (25 laps, $800 to-win): 1. BEN EASLER (02) 2. Garrett Krummert (10s) 3. Chas Wolbert (01T) 4. Ayden Cipriano (5) 5. Clayton Deems (55) 6. Kole Holden (2) 7. Tony Tatgenhorst (63T) 8. Jacob Wolfe (7) 9. Jordan Ehrenberg (JD57) 10. Justin Shea (14s) 11. Josh Deems (9D) 12. Leo McGurrin (29) 13. Rob Kristyak (00) 14. Brandon Ritchey (1R) 15. Jacob Jordan (28J) 16. J.C. Boyer (12) 17. Kyle Martell (8) 18. Cole Edwards (29) 19. Doug Rutana (46R) 20. Jacob Rutana (56R) 21. Dave Price (111) 22. Greg Porter (25) 23. Josh Ehrenberg (571) 24. Lucas Canon (2LC) 25. Dalton Gabriel (333G).
Car Count: 25
Feature Lap Leaders: Ben Easler (1-25)
Margin of Victory: 0.800 seconds
Precise Racing Products “Pedal Down Hard Charger”: Josh Deems (+8)
Sherwood Wheels "Man of Steel": J.C. Boyer
TBM Brakes “Tough Brake of the Night": Dalton Gabriel
Heat 1 (8 laps): 1. 02-Benjamin Easler; 2. 14S-Justin Shea; 3. JD57-Jordan Ehrenberg; 4. 7-Jacob Wolfe; 5. 63T-Tony Tatgenhorst; 6. 8-Kyle Martell; 7. 9D-Josh Deems; 8. 12-JC Boyer; 9. 25-Greg Porter.
Heat 2 (8 laps): 1. 2-Kole Holden; 2. 01T-Chas Wolbert; 3. 5C-Ayden Cipriano; 4. 28J-Jacob Jordan; 5. 333G-Dalton Gabriel; 6. 571-Josh Ehrenberg; 7. 57R-Jacob Rutana; 8. 46R-Doug Rutana.
Heat 3 (8 laps): 1. 55-Clayton Deems; 2. 10S-Garrett Krummert; 3. 00-Rob Kristyak; 4. 1R-Brandon Ritchey; 5. 29-Cole Edwards; 6. 29M-Leo McGurrin; 7. 111-Dave Price; 8. 2LC-Lucas Canon
2022 "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance Product Giveaway Winners List
1. TBM Brakes- (2) F1 Tornado Calipers and (2) F3 Tornado Calipers & 3 Bottles of TBM Brake Fluid ($1,420) (Doug Rutana)
2. Velocita-USA- Full Custom Drivers Suit ($1,100) (Justin Shea)
3. Eric Gabany Racing Bodies- Complete Bicknell Style Outer Body ($800) (Jordan Ehrenberg)
4. 3C Graphix- Complete Custom Modified Wrap ($800) (J.C. Boyer)
5. Holley Performance Products- 1 Holley 80541-2 650 Carburetor ($800) (Jacob Wolfe)
6. Holley Performance Products- 1 Holley 80541-2 650 Carburetor ($800) (Dave Price)
7. Holley Performance Products- 1 Holley 80541-2 650 Carburetor ($800) (Lucas Canon)
8. Holley Performance Products- 1 Holley 80541-2 650 Carburetor ($800) (Ayden Cipriano)
9. FK Rod Ends/Landrum Performance Springs- 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends/Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($800) (Clayton Deems)
10. FK Rod Ends/Landrum Performance Springs- 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends/Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($800) (Jacob Jordan)
11. FK Rod Ends/Landrum Performance Springs- 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends/Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs ($800) (Dalton Gabriel)
12. Jones Racing Products - SBC 602 Crate Serpentine Water Pump & Power Steering Belt Drive Kit & 1 15" Jones Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($660) (Chas Wolbert)
13. Jones Racing Products- SBC 602 Crate Serpentine Water Pump & Power Steering Belt Drive Kit & 1 15" Jones Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($660) (Greg Porter)
14. Frankland Racing Supply/MSD/Wrisco- $300 Gift Certificate for Product or Repairs/8727CT Rev Limiter/1 Sheet of White Aluminum ($645) (Dalton Gabriel)
15. Frankland Racing Supply/MSD/Wrisco- $300 Gift Certificate for Product or Repairs/8727CR Rev Limiter/1 Sheet of White Aluminum ($645) (Jacob Rutana)
16. Bazell Race Fuels/Precise Racing Products- 1 Drum of RUSH 91 Fuel/2 Sunoco Fuel Jugs ($612) (Dave Price)
17. Bazell Race Fuels/Precise Racing Products- 1 Drum of RUSH 91 Fuel/2 Sunoco Fuel Jugs ($612) (Ayden Cipriano)
18. Wrisco Industries/Big Daddy's Speed Center- Package of 4 Sheets of White Aluminum/$100 Gift Certificate ($600) (Josh Ehrenberg)
19. Wrisco Industries/Big Daddy's Speed Center- Package of 4 Sheets of White Aluminum/$100 Gift Certificate ($600) (Ben Easler)
20. Sherwood Wheels- 2 Sherwood Beadlock Steel Wheels ($580) (Kole Holden)
21. Sherwood Wheels- 2 Sherwood Beadlock Steel Wheels ($580) (Kyle Martell)
22. Sherwood Wheels- 2 Sherwood Beadlock Steel Wheels ($580) (Kyle Martell)
23. Hoosier Tire/Racing Electronics- 2 Hoosier Spec Tires/Receiver Pro & Case ($520) (Cole Edwards)
24. Hoosier Tire/Racing Electronics- 2 Hoosier Spec Tires/Receiver Pro & Case ($520) (Justin Shea)
25. Bicknell Racing Products/MSD- $300 Certificate/8727CT Rev Limiter ($520) (Tony Tatgenhorst)
26. Bilstein Shocks (Precise/Wedge)/Racing Electronics- 2 Bilstein RUSH Shocks/Receiver Pro & Case ($460) (Josh Deems)
27. Schoenfeld Headers & Exhaust/Racing Electronics- Complete RUSH Legal Header & Exhaust System/Receiver Pro & Case ($455) (Lucas Canon)
28. Schoenfeld Headers & Exhaust/Racing Electronics- Complete RUSH Legal Header & Exhaust System/Receiver Pro & Case ($455) (Cole Edwards)
29. Landrum Performance Springs/Big Daddy's Speed Center/TBM Brakes- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/$100 Gift Certificate/TBM Brake Fluid ($450) (Jacob Wolfe)
30. Landrum Performance Springs/Big Daddy's Speed Center/TBM Brakes- Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/$100 Gift Certificate/TBM Brake Fluid ($450) (Rob Kristyak).
The RUSH Racing Series is brought to you by Hovis Auto & Truck Supply together with Born2Run Lubricants along with the support of Hoosier Tire, Bilstein Shocks, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Insinger Performance, MSD Performance, Holley Performance Products, FK Rod Ends, Schoenfeld Headers, Jones Racing Products, TBM Brakes, Performance Bodies & Parts, Racing Electronics, Wrisco Industries, Frankland Racing Supply, Landrum Performance Spring, Ontime Body & Graphic, Sherwood Wheels, Alternative Power Sources, Precise Racing Products, Lincoln Electric, Velocita-USA, Waterstone Mortgage Hermitage, Wedge Motorsports, 3C Graphix, D&V Jewelers, DrumPreserve, CrateInsider.com, Terry Bowser Excavating, and Stop-Fyre.
E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at [email protected] and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like the Sportsman Modified Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rushsportsmanmods and follow us on Twitter @RUSHSportMods.