OVER $17,000 IN PRODUCT GIVEAWAYS PART OF "MFG NIGHT" PRESENTED BY MSD FOR SWEENEY RUSH SPORTSMAN MOD BICKNELL TOUR SATURDAY AT SHARON
By Mike Leone
June 23, 2016 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Hartford, OH)…After kicking off the Bicknell Racing Products Touring Series last Sunday at Tri-City Raceway Park for the Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Sportsman Modified Series powered by Pace Performance, the Series heads to Sharon Speedway this Saturday (June 25) for "Manufacturers Night" presented by MSD Performance.
This will be the third annual "Manufacturers Night" as over $17,000 in product will be distributed Saturday night to Sportsman Modified racers! There will be at least 32 prizes with each valued at a minimum of $250 up to the grand prize of $1,420! This night has grown in conjunction with the Series' growing car counts as $4,600 was distributed at the inaugural 2014 event at Lernerville Speedway and more than doubled last year to over $11,000 at Sportsman's Speedway. Drivers need to attempt to participate in the event in order to be eligible for a prize. Certificates for prizes are non-transferable and prizes must be redeemed by December 31, 2016.
MSD Performance, the “Official Ignition” of RUSH, will
present all of four of the Series’ Manufacturers Nights as well as providing
product for giveaways The MSD 8727CT RPM (rev) limiting box is mandated in the
RUSH Sportsman Modifieds, and two of these will be given away as well as a set
of 8.5mm super conductor plug wires. MSD was recently purchased by Holley
Performance. For more information, check out their website at
Five companies have stepped up to offer prizes that exceed $600 led by TBM Brakes' grand prize of two F1 Tornado Calipers and two F3 Tornado Calipers along with three bottles of brake fluid. This is the second straight year they've provided this top prize! Velocita-USA is awarding a full custom drivers suit valued at $1,000. Russell King Racing is providing a front axle assembly. Lincoln Electric is again offering a Power Mig 140C welder and utility cart. Classic Ink, the Official Apparel of RUSH, has stepped up to a giveaway a Quick Crew 48-piece apparel package valued at $600! The complete prize list is posted below.
New companies joining the night include Landrum Springs, QuickCar, Classic Ink, AllStar Performance, Sunoco Race Fuels, Diversified Machine, Oakley, Wilcox Transmission, CJ Rombold Engine Builders, Big Daddy's Speed Center, Ingram Engines, and Race 1.
"This year's listing of items that have been contributed by our corporate marketing partners in amazing," expressed Series Director Vicki Emig. "Just as the class has grown, so has the quality and number of items for this year's edition of Manufactures Night! These companies have believed in this concept from the beginning and have given us their 100% support. Combined, they will contribute over $100,000 of actual useful product to RUSH teams throughout our Late Model, Sportsman Mod, Pro Mod, and Pro Stock divisions I urge our racers to please support these companies by purchasing their products when the need arises. They need to keep in mind that over the years I have asked many others to support RUSH, but in the end these are the ones that have continued to step up to support our Series."
On the racing side, it'll be the first of two Bicknell Tour events this season at the Hartford, Ohio oval. The Bicknell Tour features seven events this season throughout the western Pa. and eastern Ohio with a separate point fund in addition to the Bicknell Weekly Series point fund. Adam Hilton won the Series' opening event at Tri-City Raceway Park on Sunday. Saturday's 20-lap feature will pay $600 to-win.
This is the second year of being part of Sharon's weekly program and car counts have been impressive all season long ranging from 21-25 cars with 31 different cars participating! Brandon Ritchey is the only repeat winner at Sharon, while Greg Martin, Kole Holden, Rocky Kugel, and Kyle Martell have picked up single victories.
"I cannot tell you how pleased we are with the development of our Sportsman Modified division," stated Emig. "The division is now consistently drawing 20-25 cars and the racing has been ultra-competitive with six different winners in nine races to date this season. Most importantly it has provided regional racers with an extremely affordable Modified class to participate in. It has brought young, new racers into our sport that perhaps could not afford the other regional Modified sister classes. I'm confident that this class is going to continue to grow into the future, as will our Pro Stock and new Pro Mod classes that will also be surrounded with these exciting RUSH programs."
2016 Manufacturers Night Presented by MSD Product Giveaway Listing
1. TBM Brakes - (2) F1 Tornado Calipers and (2) F3 Tornado
Calipers & 3 Bottles of TBM Brake Fluid ($1,420)
2. Velocita-USA - Full Custom Drivers Suit ($1,000) (Winning driver may not have won a Velocita suit or utilized a 50% off offer in the past)
3. Russell King Racing (RKR) - One Front Axle Assembly For Bicknell, Teo, or Troyer Car ($750)
4. Lincoln Electric - Power Mig 140C Welder & Utility Cart ($700)
5. Classic Ink - Quick Crew (48 Piece) Apparel Package ($600)
6. Schoenfeld Headers/Beyea Exhaust - Complete RUSH Legal Header & Exhaust System ($550)
7. Schoenfeld Headers/Beyea Exhaust - Complete RUSH Legal Header & Exhaust System ($550)
8. Jones Racing Products & Ingram Engines - SBC 602 Crate Serpentine Water Pump & Power Steering Belt Drive Kit & 1 15" Jones Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($540)
9. Jones Racing Products & Ingram Engines - SBC 602 Crate Serpentine Water Pump & Power Steering Belt Drive Kit & 1 15" Jones Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($540)
10. FK Rod Ends - 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
11. FK Rod Ends - 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
12. FK Rod Ends - 1Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
13. AllStar Performance/Les Myers Racing - $250 AllStar Gift Certificate & Myers Transmission Rebuild ($500)
14. Sherwood Wheels - Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
15. Sherwood Wheels - Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
16. Sherwood Wheels - Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
17. Sunoco Race Fuels/Diversified Machine - 1 Drum of RUSH 91 Crate Fuel & 1 Set of Diversified "Friction Fighter" Gears ($435)
18. Sunoco Race Fuels/Diversified Machine - 1 Drum of RUSH 91 Crate Fuel & 1 Set of Diversified "Friction Fighter" Gears ($435)
19. Oakley/Precise Racing Products & Ultra-Shield - 1 Pair Oakley Driving Gloves & 1 Pair Racing Shoes, 1 Adult 5 Point Should Harness, Window Net & Box of 200 Tear-Offs ($430)
20. Wilcox Transmission/Superior Steering Wheels - Complete transmission rebuild & 1 Custom Steering Wheel ($415)
21. Maxima Racing Oils & Big Daddy's Speed Center - Maxima Racer Appreciation Package -Contains 14 Valuable Products & $50 Big Daddy's certificate ($400)
22. Bilstein Shocks/Landrum Springs - 2 Bilstein RUSH Spec Shocks & 2 VB Series Coil Over Springs ($360)
23. Bilstein Shocks/Landrum Springs - 2 Bilstein RUSH Spec Shocks & 2 VB Series Coil Over Springs ($360)
24. Hoosier Tire & CrateInsider.com - 2 Hoosier Spec Tires & $50 CrateInsider.com certificate ($350)
25. Hoosier Tire & CrateInsider.com - 2 Hoosier Spec Tires & $50 CrateInsider.com certificate ($350)
26. Sherwood Wheels/Race 1/Crate Innovations - 1 Sherwood Steel Wheel, HEI Distributor Lock Out Kit & Ready to Run Spark Plug Kit ($300)
27. C.J. Rombold Engine Builders & Big Daddy's Speed Center - 1 Chassis Dyno Session (3 Pulls; & Winner May Not Have Previously Utilized Service) & $50 Big Daddy's Certificate ($300)
28. MSD Ignition & Big Daddy's Speed Center - MSD 8727CT Rev Limiter & 1 Set 8.5 mm Super Conductor Plug Wire & $50 Big Daddy's certificate ($300)
29. MSD Ignition & Big Daddy's Speed Center - MSD 8727CT Rev Limiter & 1 Set 8.5 mm Super Conductor Plug Wire & $50 Big Daddy's certificate ($300)
30. Wedge Motorsports & Ultra-Shield - 2 Bilstein RUSH Spec Shocks & 1 Box of 200 Tear-Offs ($300)
31. QuickCar/Pace Performance/TBM Brakes - QuickCar Racing Products 3 Gauge Panel Assembly, $100 Pace Gift Card & 3 Bottles of TBM Brake Fluid ($300)
32. 955 Automotive/Big Daddy's Speed Center/ Ultra-Shield/TBM Brakes - 1 GM 602 Tune-up Package (GM 602 Springs/1 Case Brad Penn Oil/Wix Filter/NGK Plugs), $50 Big Daddy's certificate, 1 Box of 200 Tear-Offs & 3 Bottles of TBM Brake Fluid ($300)
TOTAL OF PRODUCT GIVEAWAYS: $15,635
Additional Drawings: Race 1 Pro Series Race Package with
purchase of engine & dyno break in ($350), Race 1Dyno Break In with purchase of
engine & pro series race prep ($350). The K&N “Cold Air Induction” Dash will be
run paying a $100 K&N certificate to win, $50 K&N certificate for second with
$25 cash for third and fourth place. The dash will set the line-up for the
first four positions outside of the redraw cars. All of the standard tour
event contingency will also be posted such as the Precise Racing Products "Pedal
Down" Hard Charger, the TBM Brakes “Tough Brake of
the Night”, Maxima Racing Oil "Maxima Performance" Award, Sherwood
Racing Wheels "Man of Steel", and CrateInsider.com's last car on the lead lap at
the finish award. ($715).
GRAND TOTAL OF MANUFACTURERS NIGHT PRODUCT POSTINGS: $17,050
Sportsman Modified Feature Payoff: 1. $600 2. $400 3. $300 4. $250 5. $225 6. $200 7. $170 8. $165 9. $160 10. $150 11. $140 12. $135 13. $130 14. $125 15. $120 16. $115 17. $110 18-24. $100. Tow $50.
Bicknell Touring Series Points (must be a Tour member to receive points): 1. Nick Ritchey 98 2. Chas Wolbert 96 3. Brian Schaffer 94 4. Chelsie Kriegisch 92 5. Kole Holden 90 6. Kyle Martell 89 7. Brandon Ritchey 88 8. Tiffany Williams 86 9. Steve Slater 85 10. Justin Shea 84 11. Mike Sparks 82 12. Jeremy Weaver 81 13. Blaze Myers 80 14. Jessica Kriegisch 79 15. Rocky Kugel 78 16. Will Schaffer 77 17. Josh Seippel 70.
You do not have to be a member of RUSH to compete. There is a $25 entry fee. RACEceivers are required as are the AMB transponders. Pits open at 4 p.m. with racing at 7. Pit passes are $30.
Sharon Speedway is a 3/8-mile dirt track with a GPS address of 3241 Custer-Orangeville Rd. NE, Burghill, OH 44404. For more information, check out their website at www.sharonspeedway.com or call 330-772-5481. As for their social media outlets, you can like their page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SharonSpeedway or follow them on Twitter @SharonSpdwy.
RUSH Sportsman Modified marketing partners: Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Bicknell Racing Products, Pace Performance, Hoosier Tire, Bilstein Shocks, Sunoco Race Fuels, MSD Ignition, Maxima Racing Oil, Jones Racing Products, FK Rod Ends, Sherwood Racing Wheels, Velocita-USA, Precise Racing Products, Alternative Power Sources, K&N Filters, TBM Brakes, Lincoln Electric, CrateInsider.com, Rocket Racing, and B.R.A.K.E.S.
E-mail can be sent to the RUSH
Racing Series at [email protected] and snail mail to 4368 Route 422,
Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The
RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page
at www.facebook.com/rushlatemodels and follow us on Twitter @RUSHLM.